We’re rooting for your well-being, get your cancer screenings
Listen to Dr. Devon Dannen, a family physician at our Hayward Clinic, speak about the importance of health maintenance and prevention as the best method of treatment for cancer.
Cancer Screening Time Frames
Prevention and detection is the best protection for cancer. Learn more about screening guidelines for breast and cervical cancer, and why they matter below.
These are general guidelines, but your provider will give you specific recommendations.
Breast Cancer Screenings
- Women, aged 40 to 44 will have the choice to start annual breast cancer screening with mammograms (x-rays of the breast), if they wish to do so.
- Women, aged 45 to 54 are recommended to get mammograms every year.
- Women, aged 55 to 74 are recommended to switch to mammograms every 2 years, or can continue yearly screening.
- Breast cancer screenings are not recommended beyond the age of 74.
Cervical Cancer Screenings
- Cervical cancer screening is recommended to start at age 21, with a Pap test.
- Women between the ages of 30 and 65 are recommended to get a primary HPV (human papillomavirus) test done every 5 years. If a primary HPV test is not available, a co-test (an HPV test with a Pap test) every 5 years or a Pap test every 3 years are still good options.
- Women over the age 65 who have had regular cervical cancer testing in the past 10 years with normal results are not recommended to be tested for cervical cancer. Once testing is stopped, it is not recommended to be started again. Those with a history of a serious cervical pre-cancer are recommended to continue to be tested for at least 25 years after that diagnosis, even if testing goes past age 65.
- Women whose cervix has been removed by surgery for reasons not related to cervical cancer or serious pre-cancer are not recommended to be tested.
- Women who have been vaccinated against HPV are recommended to still follow the screening recommendations for their age groups.
How to Schedule Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings
Breast Cancer Screenings
Contact your usual facility to schedule a mammogram. If your insurance has changed or you have questions around your coverage, call NorthLakes Community Clinic at 888.834.4551. If you have never had a mammogram before, are unsure of where to get one, or have any other questions, call us at 888.834.4551. If you schedule it by November 30, 2021 you’ll be entered into a drawing to receive a $100 gift certificate for a massage. More information on that can be found below.
You will need to provide your:
- The name of your physician or nurse practitioner
- Insurance information
- Location(s) of prior mammograms
Call us at 888.834.4551 to schedule an appointment for a screening. Schedule an appointment on or before November 30, 2021 you’ll be entered into a drawing to receive a $100 gift certificate for a massage. More information on that can be found below.
About the Cancer Screenings Massage Incentive
The Benefits of Massage
Care, comfort and connection all a part of our campaign to get you screened for cancer(s) to ensure that you have great health well into your future. We realize that getting screened for cancer(s) is not a pleasant experience, so we want to reward you with one that is. So after completing your screening on or before November 30, 2021, you’ll be entered into a drawing to receive a $100 massage.
Massages have a multitude of benefits including the ability of it to:
- reduce stress
- increase relaxation
- reduce pain, muscle soreness and pain
- improve circulation
- increase energy and alertness
- lower heart rate and blood pressure
- improve immune function
Massages and cancer screenings are a powerful ways to take charge of your health and well-being. We’re rooting for your well-being, so get your cancer screenings today. The rewards will reap for themselves.
About the Massage Therapists and Participating Locations
We will be drawing four winners for each of the following locations. Each of the winners will receive a $100 gift certificate for a massage. Two of the four chosen winners for each locations will be for patients who complete breast cancer screenings and two of the four chosen winners for each locations will be for patients who complete their cervical screenings. There will be drawings for the following locations:
- Ashland Clinic & Hurley Clinic
- Hayward Clinic
- Iron River Clinic
- Lakewood Clinic & White Lake Clinic
- Minong Clinic
Winners of the drawings can redeem their message therapy session at the following locations: